If you’re a fan of the Creations By Sasha Facebook page, you would have already seen all the goodies that I’m going to share today (and if you’re not go over there now and like the page…go on…I’ll wait…). I share a lot of fun things on Facebook that don’t always make it onto the blog, but today I wanted to make sure my blog readers didn’t miss out on the fun! Valentine’s Day is a little less than a month away and I know that some of you guys are folks who will use any holiday to throw a party! We’ll I’ve got you completely covered from decor, drinks, and favors! First up, let’s set the mood –
Creating the right mood for your party is essential. It’s what let’s your guests know what kind of party to expect. Check out these awesome ideas (plus a drink idea) for setting the stage for you V-Day affair.
1. A Fun Sweets Table – http://bit.ly/1GjXM6f
2. Cran-Raspberry Spritzers – http://bit.ly/1AKgApg
3. Beautifully decorate V-Day Cake – http://bit.ly/1KVzJui
4. Non-Traditional (aka no hearts) Decor – http://bit.ly/1CsFt8u
So now that you’ve seen some ways to set the mood, think about what you’re going to serve. Food and drinks really bring a party together. Whether you’re doing simple apps or a full on menu, think of how your theme and decor can be translated to a drink or dish. You don’t have to have EVERY dish or drink go with your theme but one or two will really make a difference. One popular thing to do nowadays is to have a signature drink. This one drink goes perfectly with your theme and often times it’s something that your guests may have never tried before. Check out these drink ideas (including one for the kiddies) that can stand alone at your V-Day event.
1. Red Velvet Cake Martini (let’s be honest, Red Velvet in drink form is amazing!) – http://bit.ly/1A9IGYd
2. Valentine Moscato Float – http://bit.ly/14NRPhh
3. Red Berry Kamikaze – http://bit.ly/1y5URdy
4. (Virgin) Shirley Temple (perfect for the kids!) – http://bit.ly/1xW97nc
Now, your mood is set and you have some food and a signature drink (or two). Now you want to think about what to send your guests home with. Not every party calls for favors, but in my personal opinion a little something for your guests leave them feeling special and appreciative that their hostess has put so much time and effort into their event. I also think favors are extra exciting for adults because let’s face it, we don’t really get them anymore. Aside from weddings and the occasional baby shower, there aren’t too many parties that adults attend where we get to take something home! And really that’s a shame because favors can be one of the easiest things to put together that have some of the greatest impact. Check out these quick and easy favor ideas that will create a huge impact at your “LOVE”-ly affair.
1. Valentine S’mores (not just for your summer campfires!) – http://bit.ly/1Cb0dC7
2. Valentine Kisses – http://bit.ly/1y78vM3
3. “O-Fish-ally Be Mine” Favors (perfect for school favors in place of the overused candy boxed varieties) – http://bit.ly/1Cb0LaW
4. “It Takes a Big Heart” Favors (the perfect way to add Mason Jars to your events because – why not!) – http://bit.ly/1u0YsYW
And now you’re all covered for your sure-to-be amazing Valentine’s Day party! With decor, drinks, and small favors, your party should be the talk of the neighborhood! What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day party ideas? Share them in the comments!