No matter the length of your ceremony, a wedding program is a must! It provides information, words of love, and more to your wedding guests. It can also help to get your guests involved in the nuptials! Deciding on design of your program is a major part, you also have to select what to include in the program! We have broken down our must-haves for your wedding program. While each wedding is just as unique as the next, these basics can help get you started.
Order of Events
Provide your guests with an overview of what is to come. Keep each of these line items in order so guest know what comes next during each part of the ceremony.
Some ideas of what to include in your order of events:
- Processional & Recessional Music – Share your song choices with your guests. Does your music selection have a special meeting? Let them know in your program. This can be a fun piece of information to share.
- Greeting from the Officiant – Be sure to list the name of your officiant in your program. Any additional details you want to add about your officiant can be shared on the wedding party portion of your program!
- Scripture readings, special song, prayer, etc. – If your wedding has special moments that are unique to your order of events – make sure to include those! Remember to add who is involved during each of these events, such as who is performing a song or reading a scripture.
- Exchanging of Vows and Ring Ceremony – The main part of the main event! You can also choose to use this space to include your vows!
- Pronouncement of Marriage – While this moment is a given during a wedding ceremony, it provides your guests with a reminder that the real party is about to get started!
Your Wedding Party
Share those who will be standing beside you. You can share how each member is connected to the bride and groom or keep it simple with just their name listed. You can also use this space to share family members such as father and mother of the couple along with grandparents.
Information about the Reception
Guests should know ahead of time the details of the reception from your original wedding invitation, but this simple reminder can help those who have misplaced their invite!
Special Message from the Couple
Use some space in your program to thank guests for coming, share a quick word about the love you share or recognize those who have been a huge part of your wedding day or marriage.
While there are absolutely no set and secure rules about creating a wedding program, use these tips as a guide to create your own! You can use these ideas to create a simple design or emblesh as a keepsake to cherish. Have fun with it!
Want more? Check out our YouTube video that highlights everything you need for your wedding program.